Easier BSM getting started tutorial

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Easier BSM getting started tutorial

Felipe Besson
Is there a getting started tutorial which explains how to use Easier BSM? I could not understand by looking at the project page how to integrate this tool with petals dsb to monitor its internal services.

thanks in advance.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Easier BSM getting started tutorial

jlesbegueries
Hi,

The documentation related to the EasierBSM is here:

http://research.petalslink.org/display/easierbsm/EasierBSM+-+Open+source+Business+Service+Monitoring+and+SLA+enforcement

The connection should work but I personally tested only on test environments.
Reply | Threaded
|

Felipe Besson
Hi jlesbegueries,

I have already checked this page but I did not figure out how to use wsdm-monitoring with the Petals DSB. Sorry if I did not understand the goals of easier BSM or if my questions are too basics. I have in my environment a Petals DSB and the easier BSM, both are installed and running.. I would like to know how to use/configure the wsdm-monitoring to collect some messages exchanged by the services running under the Petals DSB.

thanks again.

regards,
Reply | Threaded
|

jlesbegueries
Hi,

no problem, chamerling should make a better answer than mine (he leads the petals-dsb project).

According to me, the mechanism is the following:
- This is a subscription-based mechanism,
- There are interceptors set in the dsb able to send notifications to a particular Notification consumer (the EasierBSM)
- These notifications contain T1, T2 T3, T4 timestamps service information (you can see these timestamps in the first video of the WSDM-Monitoring page). These reports are then analysed, forwarded to the corresponding non-functional endpoint. Finally, higher level processings can be made from this retrieved data (such as SLA violation checking...).
Reply | Threaded
|

mario
This post has NOT been accepted by the mailing list yet.
This little tutorial may helpful for future users trying to connect EasierBSM and EasyESB

A cookbook written by Mohamed Zouari (LASS-CNRS).
This lin has been taken from the EasierBSM howto at the end of the page.
Reply | Threaded
|

Vincent Zurczak
mario wrote
This little tutorial may helpful for future users trying to connect EasierBSM and EasyESB

A cookbook written by Mohamed Zouari (LASS-CNRS).
This lin has been taken from the EasierBSM howto at the end of the page.
Thanks!
« Petals M.D. »