|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Exporting a Petals BPMN to Activiti BPM

c.arunrathnakumar
This post was updated on .
Hi all,
I m new to BPM Development..
I have a small scenario..
I use Activiti Explorer to manage BPM flows..
I ve Designed a sample Descriptive Process in Petals BPM Editor and saved it in .BPMN format..
It is getting saved in my:
\Users\user\.webeditor\files\user1ID\BPMNDescProcess\somexxxid\zip\somexxxid.bpmn
I copy this file, place it in desktop, change the format of the file to somexxxid.bpmn20.xml
I run my Activiti Exlporer, upload a new task, and drag this file(somexxxid.bpmn20.xml) to the Activiti Explorer...
Immediately, I receive some errors...
So I tried removing the <collaboration> tag, and the attributes specified in <process> tag...
Then, i try to deploy it again in activiti, its deployed with the notations being somewhat different like

Can anybody help on exporting the bpmn into xml and without removing those <collaboration> and attributes of <process>..

Or, is there any way to design processes in petals bpmn editor and export it to activiti?

Thanks in advance..
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  

Re: Exporting a Petals BPMN to Activiti BPM

gcrosmarie
Hello c.arunrathnakumar,

I tried to follow your scenario and I did encounter the same problems you had.
In fact, I did not succed at uploading my process into Activiti Explorer at all : each time I tried, it threw me some xml related errors... But I checked my bpmn20 file and it was correct.

You said you succeded by removing the 'collaboration' tag. I do not know why Activiti is asking for the file not to contain a collaboration : I am not aware of a part of the bpmn specifications which define such limitations.

In fact such a requirement is a deal breaker for what you are trying to do because PetalsBPM generated bpmn20 files will always have a 'collaboration' tag even if you design a private process.
So if Activit really needs no collaboration in the bpmn20 fiels, the only solution to directly produce an 'Activiti compliant' file using PetalsBPM would be to add an Activiti specific plugin to PetalsBPM.

Hope I answered your question,

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  

Re: Exporting a Petals BPMN to Activiti BPM

c.arunrathnakumar
Thank you gcrosmarie...
What we need is a Web-Based Process designer..
Activiti has one called Activiti Modeler by Signavio..
So, i find it quiet easy with it...