classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Problema running Petals from code

GaetanoItalia
Hi, I downloaded the code from svn. Now if I run gwt:run on the petalsbpmn-client the project runs ( take a lot of time ).
When I try to export the xml bpmn2.0 file of the process that i do I got the follow error

Someone can help me?

Another question that I would to do is: "is there a way to isolate just the web based bpmn editor and run just this?"

Let me know.
Thanks for all and compliments to all Petals Team: your works sounds so great. I admire you.
King regards.
Gaetano.
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: Problema running Petals from code

gcrosmarie
Hello,

This kind of error happens when a previously saved diagram conflicts with the new version of the code running.

For example, if the PropertyFileProjectInstance has been serialized after a diagram save, and if a new version of the code contains some changes in this class, it will not be possible for the new application to deserialize it correclty since the class has changed or has been deleted.

Deleting the content of your " {home.dir}/.webeditor " directory, which contains the saved data as serialzed xml, should prevent you from getting this error.

Please do not hesitate to ask, if this is not where the error comes from.

Graham Crosmarie
Reply | Threaded
|  

GaetanoItalia
You're so kindly.
Solved, you're right, and can I ask you about the second question?
-is there a way to isolate just the web based bpmn editor and run just this?

Let me know, what I need is just the front end application and the validate funcionts, the serializer back end I need just to isolate the call to the back end service, for me the structure is to much verbose, is it possible to isolate it?

Let me know?
King Regards
Gaetano
Reply | Threaded
|  

gcrosmarie
I am not sure to understand what you want. My understanding is : you want to be able to only design diagrams and save/load them and you do not need BPMN serialization.

If this is what you want you have to write a new plugin and a new project type (see DescriptiveBPMNProjectPlugin and DescriptiveBPMNProjectType form bpmn-plugins mmodule) which do not have BPMN as import/export format and whose project instance loader and writer are not doing anything.
This will allow you to remove the import/export facility for your projects.

Then you should build a new client just like petalsbpm-client which will embed only this new plugin instead of the ones which are inlcuded now (see BPMNEditorClient from petalsbpm-client to see the plugin declarations for a client).

Hope it answers your question,

Graham Crosmarie
Reply | Threaded
|  

GaetanoItalia
Thanks a lot for your support, you are so kind.
You understand well but I need some different, I explained wrong.
I'm trying to clear my head about and as soon I've a clear point I would to write you just to ask you if you can illustrate me the right way for develop what i need?
Can I count about your support?
King Regards.
Gaetano.

PS:I'm studing your code and I'm impressed about how excellent work you did, compliments
Reply | Threaded
|  

gcrosmarie
I will of course help you as much as I can.
Please just open a new thread with a title stating what you want to do : it might help other people having the same issue.

Graham Crosmarie