classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

REST support in Petals

Philip
On the homepage, I see support for REST in Petals.
Is it still true? I think I have seen that this feature was deprecated. Any hope ?
Thanks.

Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: REST support in Petals

Christophe DENEUX
Administrator
Hi Philip,

Which homepage ?

The Petals ESB distribution does not include a BC REST. But, we have such a component in our community area: https://svn.petalslink.org/svnroot/trunk/dev/contrib/petals/components-sls/petals-bc-rest/

You should eventually update it according to your Petals ESB container version, updating the CDK version.
Christophe DENEUX
Petals ESB Architect
Linagora
Twitter: @ChrisDENEUX
Reply | Threaded
|  

Philip
It's on http://www.petalslink.com/produits/petals-esb
;
in Standards et Technologies :
JBI - architecture modulaire.
SCA - Assemblage de services, et création de nouveaux services.
BPEL - Orchestration de processus.
EIP - Enchainement et transformation simple de services.
Java, JSR 181 - Création de services.
XSLT - Transformation.
XSD - Validation.
WSDL, SOAP, REST, POP, SMTP, IMAP - Standards web de transport.
Plateforme JSE.

Thanks for the info on the REST component.
Reply | Threaded
|  

theirman
In reply to this post by Christophe DENEUX
Hi Christophe,

I just tried to access to the link you give us. I can't access it because it ask me an authentication called "Atlassian crowd". I tried with my forum autentication but it failed.

How can i access to this BC ?

Thanks to you.
Thierry
Reply | Threaded
|  

Christophe DENEUX
Administrator
Hi Thierry,

The link below has changed. Now it is: https://svn.petalslink.com/svnroot/trunk/product/dev/prod/petals/components-sls/components/petals-bc-rest/. The authentication is "anonymous/anonymous".

You can download directly the BC from our Maven snapshot repository: http://repository.ow2.org/nexus/content/repositories/public/org/ow2/petals/petals-bc-rest/1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/.

Caution, as this BC was not released, it is working on the Petals container currently in dev (ie, Petals v5.0.0, http://repository.ow2.org/nexus/content/repositories/public/org/ow2/petals/petals-esb-default-zip/5.0.0-SNAPSHOT/).
Christophe DENEUX
Petals ESB Architect
Linagora
Reply | Threaded
|  

theirman
So i can't use it on my Petals ESB 4.1 version ?

I'm currently in a meeting where my team asked me if it is possible to use rest webservices. I said that, recently, it wasn't still possible... but i said i will check again.

Do you think that the version 5.0 of the bus will permit to use REST WS ?
Reply | Threaded
|  

Christophe DENEUX
Administrator
The Petals BC Rest is not compliant with Petals 4.1, you can't use it with the Petals container 4.1.

I ask my company (Linagora) about how can we help you. Perhaps, can we backport the Petals BC Rest to Petals 4.2/4.3. If it's possible, we address ourselves directly to you.
FYI, The difference between Petasl 4.2.x and Petals 4.3 is mainly 2 new service engines: SE Camel and SE Activiti.

Yes, the Petals REST can be used with Petals 5 to integrate REST resource. But we consider it as a community component because its maturity is not sufficient to be pushed into the Petals distribution, and because it covers the REST area insufficiently. If some REST features are missing to integrate REST resources, a contribution will be appreciated .
Christophe DENEUX
Petals ESB Architect
Linagora
Reply | Threaded
|  

theirman
Christophe DENEUX wrote
I ask my company (Linagora) about how can we help you. Perhaps, can we backport the Petals BC Rest to Petals 4.2/4.3. If it's possible, we address ourselves directly to you.
Thanks but, for now, it's only at the state of reflexion. We have to discuss between us on that point.
I plan to test the petals esb 4.3 in the next weeks, probably in october, if i have time.
So please don't add you some work on that point

Christophe DENEUX wrote
If some REST features are missing to integrate REST resources, a contribution will be appreciated .
I saw the source of the bc rest today. I think i'm not able to help on this kind of project because i'ma beginner on java. I work more on C# et PHP. I don't say NO but i really think i was not able to help